Chromatophore Custom Modules
Learn all about the exciting new RocketTheme exclusive modules that are included in the Chromatophore template release. Here you can find instructions for installation and configuration for each of the custom modules.
Video Tutorial Currently Available!
Launch the Joomla Template Module Installation Video Tutorial now! (Requires Flash)
Step One: Installing the Module
- Download the chromatophore-extensions-j15.zip archive from the Chromatophore download section of the RocketTheme Joomla! Club. Unzip the archive, inside you will find individual zip files for each of the modules.
- Login in to your administrator console on your Joomla! website and navigate to the Extensions menu item, and select Install/Uninstall from the dropdown menu.
- In the Upload Package File section, click the Choose File button and select one of the mod_modulename.zip that was inside of the zip file you downloaded earlier. Next click the Upload File & Install button to install the module.
This month, we have implemented a login module created by RT member and Forum Moderator Chris S. We appreciate the effort put into this module. The Signal Login module is installed using the procedure explained above. Once installed, we recommend publishing it to the top template position. The default options are fine as the module is styled from within the template.
Step Two: Publishing the Module
- Now the module is installed it must be published in the appropriate module position and configured to suit our needs. From the top menu, select Extensions then Module Manager.
- This will take you to the Module Manager which allows you to configure the placement and configuration of all modules in your Joomla! website.
- Locate the module from the list. Remember there could be a few pages. Once you have found it, you can publish in 2 ways: The first is selecting the cross next to the tile or clicking the title then set Publish to Yes followed by a Save.
For Chromatophore, we have integrated RokSlide into the core of the template so you have the RokSlide functionality in terms of tabs with stylish transitional effects with the modular layout of the template.
RokSlide by default has 5 tabs available. Each tab has a module position ranging from User7 to User11, respective to the individual tab. Therefore, you have a single modular position per tab but you have the option of applying multiple modules to a single position. For example, you can assign 3 modules to the User11 position and they will appear in a horizontal layout in Tab 1.
You configure this feature in Admin > Extensions > Template Manager > rt_chromatophore_j15
You can change the height for the Rokslide tabber in the template_css.css file.
Dive deeper into the world of Joomla with informative and detailed written tutorials on a variety of topics including general Joomla functions, RocketTheme template modifications, and much more on our all new RocketTutorials
Color Chooser Video Tutorial
See the exciting new Color Chooser in action and learn about its great new features and functionality with the following video tutorial
Beyond the Color Chooser
Learn how to completely overhaul the site and change the colors of every element of the site via CSS in the following video tutorial
Creating Background Overlays
Learn how to create your own unique background overlay patterns and images in the following video tutorial
WYSIWYG Editor Tip
When placing custom html code into a custom module or content item, it is best to turn your WYSIWYG editor off.
Doing so will ensure the code you place will not get stripped away when the item is saved. Turn your editor off in your admin your panel by going to Site > Global Configuration and setting Default WYSIWYG Editor to No Editor - Editor.