Learn all about the exciting new RocketTheme exclusive modules that are included in the Populus template release. Here you can find instructions for installation and configuration for each of the custom modules.
Step One: Installing the Module
- Download the 3rd party components and modules for Populus here.
- Login in to your administrator console on your Joomla! website and navigate to the Extensions menu item, and select Install/Uninstall from the dropdown menu.
- In the Upload Package File section, click the Choose File button and select one of the mod_modulename.zip that was inside of the zip file you downloaded earlier. Next click the Upload File & Install button to install the module.
For Populus, we have integrated RokSlide into the core of the template so you have the RokSlide functionality in terms of tabs with stylish transitional effects with the modular layout of the template.
Step Two: Publishing the Module
- Now the module is installed it must be published in the appropriate module position and configured to suit our needs. From the top menu, select Extensions then Module Manager.
- This will take you to the Site Module Manager which allows you to configure the placement and configuration of all modules in your Joomla! website.
- Locate the module from the list. Remember there could be a few pages. Once you have found it, you can publish in 2 ways: The first is selecting the cross next to the tile or clicking the title then set Enabled to Yes followed by a Save.
RokSlide by default has 5 tabs available. Each tab has a module position ranging from User12 to User16, respective to the individual tab. Therefore, you have a single modular position per tab but you have the option of applying multiple modules to a single position. For example, you can assign 3 modules to the User12 position and they will appear in a horizontal layout in Tab 1.
Configuration of the integrated RokSlide itself is controlled in the Administrator at Admin -> Extensions > Template Manager > Populus
In the configuration panel, we have 5 groups, each groups controls a single tab. Each group is segregated into 2 distinct parts. These are Tab Title which controls the Tab Title. The second part is Tab Module
You will see in the above screenshot, the Module slide height settings. Similarly with the module count
In addition to setting the module slider height in the parameters, you will also need to specify a height for the #moduleslider-size in the "template_css.css" as well to ensure that the module slider shows at the proper size.