The following is a guide that covers how to set up your new Replicant template on your Joomla site. Here you can find an overview of the files included in the Replicant release and instructions on installing and activating the template in your Joomla install.
Downloading the Replicant Files
The first step is to download all of the files that will be needed to install your template, custom modules, as well make modifications. Here is a quick explanation of each of the available files in the Replicant release.
- Replicant Template (rt_replicant_j15.tgz) This file is the template package you will use to install your template into Joomla.
- Replicant Custom Extensions (replicant_extensions_j15.zip) This package contains each of the individual custom extensions included in the Replicant template release.
- Replicant Source PNG's (replicant_sources.zip) This zip contains the source png's for making modifications and customizations to the images in the template as well as the logo font. You will need an image editing software (preferably Adobe/Macromedia Fireworks) to utilize the Source PNG files.
- Replicant All 50 Styles (replicant_allstyles.zip) This zip contains all 50 premade background images for replicant as well as a custom rt_styles.php file with 50 preset style configurations.
Installing the Replicant Template into Joomla
To install the Replicant template into your Joomla site, follow these steps:
- Go to your Admin control panel for your site. In the Menu at the top, go to Extensions > Install/Uninstall. Next browse for your rt_replicant.tgz file you downloaded and then click Upload File & Install. Now Replicant is installed and in your template list.
- Next, from your admin control panel, go to Extensions > Template Manager. This will pull up the list of your installed templates. Find Replicant on the list and select the radio button to the left and then click Default up in the top right corner. Now Replicant is set as your default template. If you view your site, you should see the Replicant template up and running.