Darkmatter Custom Modules
Learn all about the exciting new RocketTheme exclusive modules that are included in the Darkmatter template release. Here you can find instructions for installation and configuration for each of the custom modules.
Installing a Darkmatter Custom Module
Step One: Installing the Module
Download the darkmatter_extensions_j15.zip archive from the Darkmatter download section of the RocketTheme Joomla! Club. Unzip the archive, inside you will find individual zip files for each of the modules. Login in to your administrator console on your Joomla! website and navigate to the Extensions menu item, and select Install/Uninstall from the dropdown menu.
In the Upload Package File section, click the Choose File button and select one of the mod_modulename.zip that was inside of the zip file you downloaded earlier. Next click the Upload File & Install button to install the module.
Step Two: Publishing the Module
Now the module is installed it must be published in the appropriate module position and configured to suite our needs. From the top menu, select Extensions then Module Manager. This will take you to the Module Directory which allows you to configure the placement and configuration of all modules in your Joomla! website.
The Darkmatter RokSlide module is a powerful tab system which loads content items and displays them in a professional manor.
The settings can be configured by following these instructions:
- In the Joomla Administrator, go to Extensions and then Module Manager. This will bring up a list of all of the installed modules. Find "RokSlide" on the list and click on the title to go to the Module configuration.
- In the Module configuration, there are various options that you can customize to your needs including: Category which defines the category that content items are loaded from, such as Newsflash or Latest News.
- Width and Height settings allow you to change the dimensions of the tabs to your individual needs
- You also have the options to show images, read more links in conjunction with settings to limit the number of items and load the mootools library if not already present
The Darkmatter RokLatest module is a mootools driven, sliding news module. The module adds a dynamic presence to previewing content on your frontpage.
The module itself has a large array of configurable options at its disposal.
- In the Joomla Administrator, go to Extensions and then Module Manager. This will bring up a list of all of the installed modules. Find "RokLatest News" on the list and click on the title to go to the Module configuration.
- In the Module configuration, there are various options that you can customize to your needs including: Colour of the slider background and separator; Preview length (amount of words extracted from content items) Categories/sections where the contents are loaded from. The module is packed with plenty more options which are easily changed.