Learn all about the exciting RocketTheme exclusive extensions that are included in the Refraction template release. Here you can find instructions for installation and configuration for each of the custom extensions/addons.
Step One: Installing the Extension
- Download the refraction-extensions-j15.zip archive from the Refraction download section of the RocketTheme Joomla! Club. Unzip the archive and inside you will find individual zip files for each of the extensions.
- Login in to your administrator console on your Joomla! website and navigate to the Extensions menu item, and select Install/Uninstall from the dropdown menu.
- In the Upload Package File section, click the Choose File button and select one of the extension_name.zip that was inside of the zip file you downloaded earlier. Next click the Upload File & Install button to install the module.
Step Two: Publishing the Module/Plugin
- Now the module is installed it must be published in the appropriate module position and configured to suit our needs. From the top menu, select Extensions → Module Manager
- This will take you to the Site Module Manager which allows you to configure the placement and configuration of all modules in your Joomla website.
- Locate the module from the list. Remember there could be a few pages. Once you have found it, you can publish in 2 ways: The first is selecting the cross next to the title or clicking the title then set Publish to Yes followed by Save.
- Plugins behave in a similar way, simply go to Extensions → Plugin Manager and enable the plugin. You can also configure it from the same manager.
What Extensions accompany the Refraction release?
- RokTwittie Module
The latest extension from RocketTheme provides a means to showcase various aspects of Twitter, from your tweets to profile information plus much more. The perfect addition to any site geared towards social networking.
- RokNewsPager Module
- RokNewsFlash Module
RokNewsFlash is a custom mootools module that displays your newsflash tidbits at the top of your site. The RokNewsFlash also includes small buttons allowing your visitors to toggle through the different newsflash items you have set up. See it in action on the frontpage.
- RokStories Module
RokStories is a great module to display your articles and accompanying images as a featured item. The module itself is facilitated by Mootools to transition between images and articles seamlessly. Perfect for showcasing featured articles on your site, as seen on the frontpage.
- RokAjaxSearch Module
- RokTabs Module
RokTabs, the fully independent and incredible flexible standalone version of the former RokSlide. The module itself is installable into Joomla and can be easily utilised on any template, not just Refraction. As its name implies, it is a tabbed based module to efficiently showcase your content to your visitors.
- RokNavMenu Module
RokNavMenu is now an essential ingredient of RocketTheme templates. It provides various functions which are above and beyond what the mainmenu, and the subsequent template overrides can do. Therefore, a much more sophisticated menu can be constructed providing you with a much greater degree of usability. This makes the incredible advanced multiple-dropdown menu possible. It is an essential install for the integrated menu systems to operate.
- RokCandy Component
The popular plugin from RocketTheme which allows you to implement typography easily, without fear of the WYSIWYG editor ruining your formatting and allows you, and/or your clients to add them to your content with ease. This is through a method similar to BBcode (as seen in a forum). WYSIWYG friendly syntax can be used, or even custom configured that will transform a set snippet to the correct HTML when it is parsed by Joomla.