Installing Versatility III
This is a guide that covers how to set up your new Versatility III template on your Joomla site and configure its features, functionality, and content to look similar to the Rockettheme Versatility III Demo FrontPage.
Downloading the Versatility III Files
The first step is to download all of the files that will be needed to install your template, custom modules, as well make modifications. Here is a quick explanation of each of the available files in the Versatility III release.
- Versatility III Template (rt_versatilityiii_j15.tgz) This file is the template package you will use to install your template into Joomla.
- Versatility III Custom Modules and Bots (v3_custom_modules.zip) This zip file contains the RokZoom mambot for Versatility III .
- Versatility III Logo Font (v3_acens_font.zip) This file contains the font for the Logo in Versatility III . You will need to install this font on your system if you wish to edit the logo to add your own text in the same font style.
- Versatility III Source PNG's (v3_source_pngs.zip) This zip contains the source png's for making modifications and customizations to the images in the template. You will need an image editing software (preferably Adobe/Macromedia Fireworks) to do this.
Installing the Versatility III Template into Joomla
To install the Versatility III template into your Joomla site, follow these steps:
- Go to your Admin control panel for your site. In the Menu at the top, go to Extensions > Install/Uninstall. Next browse for your rt_versatilityiii_j15.tgz file you downloaded and then click Upload File & Install. Now Versatility III is installed and in your template list.
- Next, from your admin control panel, go to Extensions > Template Manager. This will pull up the list of your installed templates. Find Versatility III on the list and select the radio button to the left and then click Default up in the top right corner. Now Versatility III is set as your default template. If you view your site, you should see the Versatility III template up and running.