What is RocketLauncher?
RocketLauncher is a WordPress installation package that installs WordPress as the demo. The launcher installs the sample data, which has been customised to match the demo, and the themes, plugins and images are already built in. The launcher is the best method to replicate the demo with ease.
Due to the complexity of our demos, it is much easier to see it in action then it is to read in written tutorials and / or viewing screenshots. Therefore, the process of using the template on your WordPress Blog is much faster, simpler and makes for a better experience.
We use the latest WordPress version available at the time for our launchers and when WordPress updates, we proceed to update all the launchers so they are up to date for all new downloads. Please go to the WordPress Downloads repository to see what version the RocketLauncher is using.
For information on upgrading WordPress, please see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress
Step 1 – Upload the files
- Download the Momentum RocketLauncher Package (rt_momentum_wp_rocketlauncher.zip) from the Momentum theme downloads section
- Unzip the zip packaged onto your computer to reveal the rt_momentum_wp_rocketlauncher folder
- Upload this to your site using your FTP client
Step 2 – Installation
- Direct your browser to the installation such as www.yoursite.com/rt_momentum_wp_rocketlauncher or to whatever directory your uploaded to
- Follow the standard WordPress installation, after which the theme and gantry framework will automatically be activated, along with the sample content.