RokNewsFlash is a custom mootools module that displays your newsflash tidbits at the top of your site. The RokNewsFlash also includes small buttons allowing your visitors to toggle through the different newsflash items you have set up. See it in action on the frontpage.
For post to show up in the Newsflash section on the frontpage it has to fit 2 conditions :
- Has excerpt
- Has to be assigned to the NewsFlash category
There’s no limit of posts count that can be showed up in the NewsFlash.
If you haven’t installed our sample content please remember to change the Category in Replicant2 Settings to the category you created to use for your “NewsFlash” Posts
Just go to the Replicant2 Settings page in admin dashboard and next to the NewsFlash Category → choose None
Alternatively to remove the NewsFlash section please unassign all posts from category you assigned for your NewsFlash posts. If WordPress detects no posts in that category it will automatically hide that section.
If you haven’t installed our sample content you can easily enable RokNewsFlash by changing its assigned category :-
- Login into the WordPress administrator dashboard (http://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin/)
- In the left menu sidebar, go to Posts → Categories and create a new category for your RokNewsFlash posts
- Assign your posts to that category (Please remember about the excerpts)
- In the left menu sidebar, go to Appearance → Replicant2 Settings
- Change the category next to the field NewsFlash Category to your newly created RokNewsFlash category