RokNewsFlash is module to display snippets of an article. It can cycle through article titles or a predefined number of characters of an article, which are cycled automatically. The module supports navigation controls to override the automatic transitioning.
Options available at Admin → Extensions → Module Manager → RokNewsFlash Module:
- Load built-in StyleSheet: Disable if you wish to override the standalone style by custom template styling.
- Theme Style: Light and Dark standalone themes.
- Module Class Suffix: Add a custom class for individual styling
- Content Type: Joomla Core Content or K2 Content (Requires K2 to be installed).
- Joomla Section: Section to load tabbed content from.
- Joomla Category: Category to load tabbed content from.
- Joomla Frontpage Items: Determine whether frontpage content is loaded.
- Max Number of Articles: Control the maximum number of articles.
- Item Ordering: Control tab ordering — Default, Oldest First, Most Recent First, Title Alphabetical, Title Reverse-Alphabetical & Order.
- Use Title or Intro Text: Controls what is used for the snippet, either the title of the article or an extract of the intro text.
- PreText Label: This is the text which appears before the transitioning articles, such as Newsflash:.
- Show Controls: Control the display of the navigational controls.
- Transition Duration: This is the time, in milliseconds, for the switching of content items.
- Delay Length: This is the time, in milliseconds, for the content to remain static.
- News Indent: Input the number of pixels for the text to be indented (typically 5px more than the size of the pretext label).
- Preview Length: Input a numerical value which equates to how many characters you wish for the module to show.