What is RocketLauncher?
RocketLauncher is a Joomla installation package that installs Joomla as the demo. The launcher installs the sample data, which has been customised to match the demo, and the template, extensions and images are already built in. The launcher is the best method to replicate the demo with ease.
Due to the complexity of our demos, it is much easier to see it in action than it is to read in written tutorials and / or viewing screenshots. Therefore, the process of using the template on your Joomla site is much faster, simpler and makes for a better experience.
We use the latest Joomla version available at the time for our launchers and when Joomla updates, we proceed to update all the launchers so they are up to date for all new downloads. Please go to the Joomla Downloads repository to see what version the RocketLauncher is using.
For information on upgrading Joomla, please see: http://docs.joomla.org
Step 1 - Upload the files
- Download the Juxta RocketLauncher Package (rt_juxta_j15-rocketlauncher.zip) from the Juxta template downloads section
- Unzip the zip package onto your computer to reveal the rt_juxta_j15-rocketlauncher folder
- Upload this to your site using your FTP client
Note, on some servers, you can upload the zip and extract the package directly onto your server using cPanel or SSH access. For more details on this, please contact your hosting provider.
Step 2 - Installation
- Direct your browser to the installation such as www.yoursite.com/rt_juxta_j15-rocketlauncher or to whatever directory you uploaded to
- Choose a Language for your site then click next
- Review the Pre-Installation Check page then click next
- Review the License page then click next
- Insert your Database information: host name, mysql username and mysql password then click next
- Insert your main configuration information: site name, admin password and email address
- Click Install Sample Data then click next
- Delete the /installation directory on your server
Further GuidesRocketLauncher Installation Video Tutorial
Learn the steps to uploading the RocketLauncher package files to your server and installing the RocketLauncher template package by following along with the steps in this detailed video tutorial. It's now easier than ever before to deploy a replica of the RocketTheme template demo sites.
An in depth guide that details the steps necessary to properly upload the files from the RocketLauncher template package directly to the root of your site. This will ensure your RocketLauncher installation installs to the root of your site, and not in a subfolder.
If you are a Mac user and develop in a localhost environment, you will want to use Terminal to update your Joomla as it is the fastest and simplest way to update locally on a Mac.